Saturday, January 21, 2012

A party and a pink eye

You know what they say about best laid plans...

I was ready for the birthday party. Mostly everything was in place. Then life showed up. Well, Team School is ready for anything and we always come out smiling on the other end.

Yesterday I found a note tacked to Ella's tote bag from Mrs. Betty. "Miss Betty said I have gween stuff comin' outta ma eye." Ugh. Repeatedly I asked Ella if it hurt or felt itchy. "No mama, I said no!" Ella has been battling a cold this past week so I called the pediatrician and the nurse told me just to watch it and we chalked it up to mucous trying to find another orifice to ooze out of. Well this morning the eye situation was worse. Since MFS was heading into town to bring Jujube to her Chemistry class at UVA, I added one more item to his errand list. Bring Ella to the doctor, pronto. Thank the Lord for weekend office hours.

Ella confirmed it when she walked through the door as all the guests had gathered, announcing loudly, "Mommy, my eye is PINK." Okay, shh...where are those drops? (Hostess smile) Please feel free to pass the hand sanitizer around.

The party was a hit. We pigged out on pizza, lumpia and cake. We loved having our friends and family around. We played games and celebrated two of best kids a mama could ask for.
 Since I make them have joint parties, they deserve their own cakes. Thanks to Lola & Ninang for helping me with decorating them!
   First cousins together for the first time. 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I don't even know where to start...first off, as soon as I got to the part about life showing up my first thought was "the School Family can handle anything." And I wasn't wrong.

Then the picture of Cazin and his cake...all sorts of grown up looking. Love it and it makes me sad, all at once. And then the cousins picture...awesome. Another awesome thing is Ella's cake.