Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Day!

Today is a special day for our friends the Bouceks. Today they celebrate their 4 year wedding anniversary and their beautiful daughter Hendley turns 2. The weather was nice so we packed up the kids and went to King Family Vineyards for a birthday picnic. The kids enjoyed yogurt, Cheetos, juice boxes and cupcakes. The grown-ups threw back some wine and cheese. Let me tell you, giving up soda for Lent doesn't seem so bad now!
The birthday girl
Julie would disagree, but I believe Virginia is God's country. Despite my initial stubbornness of moving to the Charlottesville area, I absolutely love living in Crozet. This is the view from most points in our little town.We survived the picnic with all 5 kids and nap time arrived before we knew it.The kids and I had such a fun time and we all took a long siesta to prove it. The winery may have to become a weekly date once it warms up more.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Im pretty sure Julie is not going to be asking for a copy of picture #1!

So glad y'all got out and enjoyed the day. Wish we could have joined you. If only we could move Virginia closer to Georgia.

Julie, the mama said...

I agree with Carly on both accounts - the first picture and I wish we could move VA closer to GA!

I do love this beautiful state. And I love the School family. Thanks for making LL's second birthday so wonderful!