Turns out my leftover hormones are circulating through Ella and making her lactate. It gets better--I have to watch and make sure she doesn't get mastitis. Not only does she look like me, but she has to go through some of the perils of lactation. Poor girl. Maybe I'll be stuffing her onesie full of cabbage soon.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Like Mother, Like Daughter
This past week it was "like father, like daughter." Today little Ella K decided to mirror her momma. Something freaky had to happen in the so far (knock on wood) non-eventful health of the School kids. This morning when Ella Kate woke up we started the usual routine of a diaper change and nursing. It was also bath day. So there we are enjoying the bonding moment when I see a drop of fluid on her nipple. I thought it was my own breast milk. When I wiped it away, I noticed that it was hard under her nipple and when pressed, fluid came out. I check the other one. Same thing. YIKES!!! I wake up Mike to get the phone so that I can call Piedmont Pediatrics to inquire about the situation.
Turns out my leftover hormones are circulating through Ella and making her lactate. It gets better--I have to watch and make sure she doesn't get mastitis. Not only does she look like me, but she has to go through some of the perils of lactation. Poor girl. Maybe I'll be stuffing her onesie full of cabbage soon.

Turns out my leftover hormones are circulating through Ella and making her lactate. It gets better--I have to watch and make sure she doesn't get mastitis. Not only does she look like me, but she has to go through some of the perils of lactation. Poor girl. Maybe I'll be stuffing her onesie full of cabbage soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ok, the only thing that stopped me from giggling (bc your story is sooo something that would happen with one of mine) was seeing that PRECIOUS picture of Jujube and EK. LOVE THAT PICTURE. Frame that baby right up.
Yep! Sweet, baby girl is just too precious for words! Your blog posts always make me laugh and this one was no excpetion! Glad to hear y'all are keeping things interesting at the School house.
Post a Comment