I love to hear the chatter of my kids. Cazin reading to himself. Julia singing, making up a new play for the "Frankie and T.D. Show," or making conversation with her Barbie dolls. Today I didn't know whether to scold or laugh. I mostly laughed and spit all over my phone while texting Mike what just came out of her mouth.
Cazin has a stuffed alligator/dinosaur who we refer to as Ali-Ali. It is a tattered and chewed up mess, but it is his favorite pal. Last night at bedtime Ali-Ali was MIA and I was too tired to put out a search and rescue. Luckily, Cazin is appeased by back-up friends. Today after lunch I let them play out on the deck while Lola and I enjoyed some cheesecake. This is what I hear. (Picture Julia's voice with MFS's inflection.)
Julia: Mommy, we found Ali-Ali! He was under the scooter!
Mommy: Great!
Julia: Cazin, here's your lover...Your dinosaur lover.
Cazin: (Starts chewing on Ali's eye)
Some other choice phrases from MFS's repertoire that Julia has also picked up...
The answer to most "Where is" questions on a location of anything (object, store, restaurant) Julia's response: "There it is. Right in my/your face."
There is also "perhaps" and "mmm...maybe yes/no." Next it will be other choice Mike-isms that are too PG-13 to list here.
6 comments:
I can hear it now!! My daughter was reading a bible story about creation the other day. I was only half listening and Iheard "in the beginning GOd breated theheavens and the earth." so far so good....Then I heard something about "high speel internet!!" Cracked me up!!
That just made me laugh out loud.
By the way, I've been bragging on sweet Julia all day. She was so patient and loving with LL this morning. What a wonderful big sister and friend.
Julie just be wary if LL starts sounding like MFS! Had a blast today-your visit is just what I needed!
That girl is a mess! I love her spunk!
I hope she starts saying, "I love it. Every minute of it." Or is it "every little bit of it." I can't remember which, but I think it'd be hilarious to hear that come out of her mouth :) Love reading about the fam, K!
oh my goodness! that is a silly mess! the alligator lover is my fav. you should teach her to say it "lovah" like in SATC.
Post a Comment